The Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image of the Century will reward the best sailing images taken since 1 January 2000 as part of a unique event designed to celebrate sailing photography and its authors.
The international photo competition dedicated to the sport of sailing proposes an exceptional edition in 2020 to celebrate sailing photography and its most committed authors.
“With rare exceptions, 2020 will be a blank year. Due to the global pandemic, there won’t be any regattas and yacht racing photographers struggle to do their job, it’s a sad reality,” says Bernard Schopfer, the organizer of the award. “We have therefore decided to organise an exceptional edition of the contest and consulted some of the most renowned photographers in the industry to determine the best format for our contest.”
The result is the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image of the Century; an event that aims to celebrate the best sailing photos taken since the turn of the century and their authors!
“This unique contest is a great opportunity to give a second life to exceptional images, and to position them in the context of the 21st century”, says Nicolas Mirabaud, Managing Partner of the Mirabaud Group. “I am looking forward to discovering the images and how they reflect the spectacular evolution of the sport of sailing over the last twenty years.”
Professional marine photographers are invited to submit the image of their choice, taken between January 1, 2000 and October 6, 2020.
The pictures submitted must have been taken during regattas (including the start procedure and the minutes following the arrival line crossing). The subject of the contest is boat racing in all its forms, from classic yachts to top-end racers, including multihulls, dinghies, windsurfing and kitesurfing. Only photos that have not yet been submitted for the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award will be accepted.
The award ceremony will take place on November 24 during the Yacht Racing Forum in Portsmouth, UK, in front of the sports leading personalities from all over the world.
The Mirabaud Sailing Video Award, organised alongside the photo competition, will also benefit from an update in 2020. The new, specific event, will be announced shortly.
Extract of the rules
- Submission of the photos is open.
- This is a special award valid in 2020 only.
- The purpose of this special prize is to celebrate the best images taken since the beginning of the Century and their authors.
- The photographs submitted must have been taken between January 1, 2000, and October 6, 2020.
- Photographers can submit one photograph each.
- The images submitted cannot have been previously submitted for the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award.
- The photographs must be submitted before October 6, 2020 at 23:59 PM (GMT).
- The 80 best images, selected by our international jury, will be published on the event website on October 15, 2020.