Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Nautic Magazine
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Nautic Magazine Website.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Nautic Magazine website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of European Union. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Nautic Magazine and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Nautic Magazine. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from Nautic Magazine for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
Republish material from www.nauticmag.com
Sell, rent or sub-license material from www.nauticmag.com
Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from www.nauticmag.com
All terms are agreed by email confirmation and the invoice will act as a contract for both payment and advertising options defined in the notes section.
Redistribute content from Nautic Magazine (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. Nautic Magazine does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Nautic Magazine, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Nautic Magazine shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Nautic Magazine reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant to Nautic Magazine a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavourably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of ; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
By use of our corporate name; or
By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Nautic Magazine logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libellous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a)
are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
A Definitions and Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
- Nautic Magazine accepts publication of Advertisements (as defined below) on the terms and conditions set out herein (“Terms”).
- These Terms apply to:
online advertisements on www.nauticmag.com (the “Website”); and Nautic Magazine app and paid content.
- By placing an order, the “Advertiser” (which is the person bidding for or placing the order for the Advertisement whether they are the advertiser of the product or service referred to in the Advertisement or the advertising agency or media buyer for such advertiser) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms in full.
B Content and Delivery of Advertisements
- Materials for any Advertisement (whether print or digital) must adhere to Nautic Magazine technical specifications and be delivered to Nautic Magazine within the applicable timeframes, each as set out here. WhenNautic Magazine builds digital Advertisement units on behalf of the Advertiser, the Advertiser must provide assets in accordance with the requirements set out in Nautic Magazine’s Digital Advertising Production Format Guide.
- Nautic Magazine may, without any responsibility to the Advertiser, reject, cancel or require any Advertisement to be amended that it considers unsuitable or contrary to these Terms and remove, not print, suspend or change the position of any such Advertisement. SYTLtd may refuse to publish any Advertisement for any Advertiser who has not paid any sums due for any advertising in any of the Newspapers or the Website. The Advertiser will remain responsible for all outstanding charges.
- The publication of an Advertisement by Nautic Magazine does not accepts the Advertisement has been provided in accordance with these Terms or that Nautic Magazine has waived its rights under these Terms.
- The Advertiser guarantees to Nautic Magazine that:
any information supplied in connection with the Advertisement is accurate, complete, true and not misleading;
it has obtained the consent of any living person whose name or image (in whole or in part) is contained in any Advertisement;
the Advertisements are legal, decent, honest and truthful, are not contrary to the provisions of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice (including the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (the “CAP Code”) and all other codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority and/or the Office of Fair Trading), are not libellous or obscene and do not infringe the rights of any person (including any person’s intellectual property rights);
the Advertisement will not be prejudicial to the image or reputation of Nautic Magazine or the Website or the Newspapers, and will not contain anything with Nautic Magazine in good faith considers to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate;
all digital Advertisements submitted for publication online will be free of any viruses, adware, malware, bit torrents, and no Advertisement will cause an adverse effect on the operation of the Website; and
all digital Advertisements comply with (i) the the standards for online advertising published by the Coalition for Better Ads ( https://www.betterads.org ); and (ii) the “L.E.A.N.” best practice principles for online advertising standards published by the IAB UK, each as may be updated from time to time.
- Where the Advertiser is an advertising agency or media buyer, the Advertiser guarantees that it is authorised by the advertiser of a product or service to place the Advertisement with Nautic Magazine and the Advertiser will compensate Nautic Magazine for any claim made by such advertiser against Nautic Magazine.
- All Advertisements are accepted on the basis that they will be paid for at the prevailing rates set out in the rate card on the date of publication, unless a discount structure has been agreed. Nautic Magazine may change its rates at any time by publishing the modified rates here. Any changes to the rates will take effect immediately. However, any changes to the applicable rates will not apply to any orders made prior to the date of such change.
- All sums payable to Nautic Magazine should be made in accordance with payment terms outlined on the Nautic Magazine invoice.
- The Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that discrepancies can occur in stats provided of 10% due technical measurement tools.
- Nautic Magazine cannot guarantee the number of impressions.
- GNM agrees that all Advertisements will be targeted at individuals globally in the high end marine sector otherwise agreed in writing between the parties at the time of booking.
- All events are covered by insurance policies but Nautic Magazine will not accept liability for injury or theft at said event.
- GNM and its service providers will only use any Advertiser Data solely in relation to the Advertiser’s particular advertising campaign. All such Advertiser Data collected by Nautic Magazine will be treated as the confidential information of the Advertiser and will not be disclosed by Nautic Magazine to any third party (other than Nautic Magazine service providers for the purpose of GNM complying with its obligations under these Terms) without the consent of the Advertiser. In no event will any Advertiser Data be combined with information collected from other sources, except where the Advertiser has agreed otherwise.
- In the event advertising copy is received after deadline we may be unable to publish said advert.
- Nautic Magazine does not guarantee that Advertisements booked will appear on a particular page but will post under appropriate key words and categories agreed with the advertiser.
- Where an Advertiser wishes to drop cookies on users’ computers or use pixels, web beacons or other data collecting technology (the “Data Collecting Technology”) for the purpose of displaying or providing advertising on the Website and tracking impressions, analytics, measurement and verification of advertising campaigns (together, “Analytics Data”), it shall notify GNM in advance of book.