Friday, January 15, 2021
Home Sport Kite surf International Kiteboarding Association corona virus update

International Kiteboarding Association corona virus update

The team at the International Kiteboarding Association continues to work diligently, despite these difficult circumstances.

There are a couple of areas which are affected by the continued spread of the virus, for which we want to give you an update to provide planning safety – as far as this is currently possible.

New formula kite equipment

As the timelines laid out in the Formula Kite Class Rules are based on the scheduled dates of the 2024 Olympic Games, the postponement of the Tokyo 2020 Games announced yesterday does not affect the class.

New equipment will become eligible to use on 10 August 2020, as originally planned. We are of course closely montitoring the development of the travel situation and the effect it might have on the availability of equipment (and the possibility to hold events at all), and will initiate further action if required.

To give teams and athletes an early indication of the possible market situation for the 2024 quadrennium, we have published a provisional list of equipment that has been registered so far with the remark “subject to approval” on the Formula Kite website. We will update this list as soon as factory inspections can take place again.

Please be aware that not all of the equipment provisionally listed may be approved for evaluation for the 2024 Olympics. Approved equipment will then be subject to licensing by World Sailing at the end of 2021.

Upcoming events

We are in close contact with our event organizers which are doing an incredible job in continuing to plan for the dates published, while making provisions together with our classes to prepare for backup dates in case postponements are inevitable.

We will publish updates individually about every event as we are getting closer in time and will make a timely decision on any required postponements.

Please follow tentative long term calendar at teamup.com/ksqdboy37i1jokng4o which is now also listing backup dates for events.

Undoubtedly tough times lie ahead; however, we remain optimistic and hopeful and believe that this unprecedented crisis will only make all of us stronger.

- Advertisment -

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.

Most Popular

Herrmann up to third and growing threat to leader Dalin

Racing now with less than 160 miles to go to pass Recife on the north easterly corner of Brasil, leading duo Charlie...

Long Beach Yacht Club announces new dates for 56th Congressional Cup

Congressional Cup Chairman Chris Macy has announced the 2021 event will be postponed to mid-September in light of the status of the...

Prada Cup: Britannia, Ineos Team UK, rule the waves

 Today all the build up and discussion ended and the points started to count in Auckland as the first two races of...

Vendée Globe: Leaders 20 miles apart. Dalin and Burton match up

Today passing Salvador de Bahia, Brazil, there are no options in terms of strategy and choices on the northwards climb up the...

Recent Comments