The Royal Malta Yacht Club is pleased to announce that the registration and entry process is now open for the 2023 ORC European Championship to be held over 23 April – 1 May 2023. This event is being held under the authority of the Offshore Racing Congress (ORC), the Malta Sailing Federation and with the support of Yachting Malta.
The venue for the event is at the Royal Malta Yacht Club in Marsamxett Harbour, with inshore racing to be held off the northeast coast of Malta and offshore races in the waters around the Maltese Islands and the Malta-Sicily Channel.
Scheduled events are as follows:
- 23-25 April – Registration and Measurement
- 25 April – Practice Race & Opening Ceremony
- 26-27 April – 30-36 hour Long offshore race
- 28-29 April – 1-2 hour Inshore races
- 30 April – 10-12 hour Short offshore race
- 1 May – Inshore racing & Closing Ceremony
2023 European ORC Champion titles and top three awards will be given in three classes, with CDL limits establishing these classes given final definition once the 2023 ORC VPP becomes available.
Top three all-amateur Corinthian prizes will also be awarded in each class.