Trust, strength and commitment. These terms summarize and represent Codecasa Shipyards’ way of working.
Hull C127 will feature a fast displacement hull (typical of navy ships), optimized with the best techniques currently available to reach and exceed the threshold of 20 knots, a remarkable speed for a Yacht of this size with a steel hull, and she will then be automatically included among the fastest Yachts in her category.
Mr Imeri states: “In the development of the preliminary previsions of the hull resistance we have been taking into account the favourable effects reachable with the use of stern supports, “Transom Wedge” type. We then focused our attention on the bow shapes and we opted for a vertical bow lengthening the water lines of the hull. Afterwards, we considered the possibility of making a forward bulb with only a lateral development, i.e. widewise. To confirm the favourable effects of the above, a series of CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) simulations have been performed, in the most thorough version available today, i.e. with a RANSE approach (Reynolds Averaged Navier-Stokes Equations). After the encouraging results obtained, our Shipyard commissioned the Potsdam model basin SVA (in Berlin) to carry out a comprehensive program of tests on a 1:9.5 scale model (the model length was about 6 metres). The results of the various resistance and self-propulsion tests provided even more positive resistance data in the whole speed range, especially with respect to values around the 20 knot target”.
The new megayacht, with the steel hull, equipped with 2 main engines Caterpillar 3516E 2525 kW (3386 hp@1800 rpm), will reach a 21 knots speed, with a range of over 6,000 miles at 12 knots. Featured by 1 Owner’s Suite, 5 Guests’ Cabins, in addition to the Captain’s Cabin and 6 double Crew cabins, and a comfortable lift serving all decks, the Yacht also provides a beach area astern, with the folding shell door that becomes a swimming platform, and a Gym and a pool of 4 x 2 meters on the Sun Deck.
The design of this Yacht is the result of the close co-operation between the Codecasa Shipyard technical team with the design studio M2 Atelier of Milan.
Obviously, the maximum comfort will be ensured on board, thanks to the very high quality and technological standards that have always been the keynotes of the Codecasa Brand products. These, combined with the speed, will make this Yacht a new benchmark in the Italian and worldwide nautical industry.
The delivery of this new Yacht is scheduled for Summer 2024.
- Length Overall: 57.75 meters
- Maximum Beam: 10.50 meters
- Maximum Draft: 3.20 meters
- Hull: High tensile Steel AH36
- Superstructure: Aluminium 5083 H111/H321
- Classification: Lloyd’s Register – 100 A1, SSC “Yacht” MONO G6 – LMC + UMS -“Red Ensign Group Yacht Code Part A Full Compliant
- Full load displacement: 830 tons approx.
- Main engines: 2 Caterpillar 3516E (2.525 kW/ 3.386 hp @1.800 rpm)
- Stabilizers: Naiad Dynamics – Mod. 820 – Zero Speed
- 3 x Caterpillar C7.1 – 118 kW
- 1 Caterpillar C4.4 Acert – 88 kW – Emergency Generator
- Propellers: 2 Detra 5 fixed blades, “S” Class
- Maximum speed at light displacement: 20 Knots
- Range: 6,000 Nautical Miles @ 12 knots
- Fuel oil capacity: 150,000 Liters
- Fresh water capacity: 30,000 Liters
- Guests’ cabins:
- 1 Owner’s Suite
- 1 Vip Cabin
- 4 Guests’ Cabins
- Crew cabins:
- 1 Captain’s Cabin
- 6 Twin-bedded Cabins
- Delivery date 2023
Follow us on X at @NauticMag for the freshest nautical news, insights, and more.